AAEC 5034: Agribusiness Marketing Policy and Business Strategies
|Credits:||3 graduate credit(s)|
|Delivery:||Taught completely online. Students can participate in all components of the course from anywhere in the world.|
|Semesters Offered:||Fall (odd years)|
Marketing tools needed to identify and solve the complexity of marketing food and agribusiness products. Contemporary trends, marketing strategies, and problems in the food and agribusiness sector.
Prerequisites and Co-requisites
Basic understanding of introductory microeconomics. Knowledge of economic concepts such as supply and demand curves, price and income elasticity, diminishing returns, comparative advantage, etc. are essential for grasping the material in this course.
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Apply the basic concepts, theories, and terminology of the marketing of input supplies, agricultural commodities, and food and fiber products, collectively referred to as agribusiness marketing.
- Describe the scope and complexity of the marketing management task in agribusiness firms.
- Demonstrate marketing problem-solving skills.
May 26, 2013
Courses Spring 2012
- AEE 4884: Youth Program Management
- AEE 5104: Research Applications in Agricultural & Extension Education
- CSES 5114: Soils for Professionals
- ENT 5234: Managing Arthropod Pests
- ENT 6004: ENT 6004: Design & Analysis of Agricultural Experiments
- ENT/PPWS 5624: Animal & Plant Biosafety and Biosecurity
- FST 5034: Good Agricultural and Manufacturing Practices
- HNFE 5684/PHS 5214: Program Development in Health Education
- HNFE 5694/PHS 5044: Public Health Administration
- HORT 4764: Vegetable Crops
- HORT 4784: Vegetable Seed Production
- HORT 5764G: Advanced Vegetable Crops
- HORT 5784G: Advanced Vegetable Seeds
- PPWS 5204: Principles of Plant Disease Management
- PPWS 5214: Diseases of Crop Plants
- ZZZZ 5904: Project and Report (Note: "zzzz" should be replaced with abbreviation of your concentration, ex. CSES 5904)